Main content

                      The Township of Athens


              The Athens & Area Heritage Society

              are pleased to announce that as part of

Canada 150 Celebrations, a new mural is going to be placed

              on the west wall of Athens Fresh Market. 

           You are invited to attend the unveiling of the

                                   Bates Mural

                      Sunday, October 22nd 2017

                                    2 Main St. E.

                                       1:00 p.m.

                      A reception and presentation by

       Dr. Glenn Lockwood, author of the book “Joshua Bates”

                 will follow in the Joshua Bates Centre

                            1 Main St. E. at 1:30 p.m.

     Wednesday, September 13th & 20th

                2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Athens Public Works Garage - 44 Elgin St. N.

The Township of Athens Blooms Committee is recruiting new members.  For many years, our valued volunteers, have worked effortlessly beautifying our Municipality.  Due to retirement by some of our members, we are taking letters of interest to participate from our interested residents.  

In order to continue with our award winning displays of brilliant colours, we need your help!  

For more information on Athens Blooms.

Please send your letter of interest to Darlene Noonan                                                                                       - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or by mail to Township of Athens, P.O. Box 189, Athens ON K0E 1B0.

Celebrate Canada's 150th with Athens Blooms.  

cid 744

This dog was found in the Osborne/Temperance Lake Road area and is currently at the OSPCA in Brockville.  

All Minor Hockey cancelled tonight - October 22, 2014